Thursday 8 January 2015

Final Designs

Bottle labels
I have designed and created these bottle labels and had them printed on stickers. I am pleased with the overall outcome of the labels, however there are some minor change that I would make if we had more time. I intend to advertise the website in a bar, or local pub, where the flyer can go side by side with a bespoke candle made with the labels printed on. Hopefully this can encourage people to go on my website. 


Stickers printed and laser cut:
 
Label in context:
I decided to make my own candle that could be distributing in local pubs/bars with the packaging showcasing my label designs. On the label it includes the website, therefore the customer can then willingly decide whether to explore this website or not. However, once my labels were printed, because I made the labels on a much smaller scale than I produced on screen, the website is no longer legible, and there was not enough time to get them reprinted, this is definitely something to consider next time so I wont make this mistake again. I created this candle by filling an empty beer bottle with hot wax, then once this was completely dry the glass was then smashed off, leaving a candle the shape of the bottle. Apart from the text being far too small, I am really happy with the set of labels that I have designed, the colours have come out just as I intended, not to vibrant yet they still have some nice contrasting tones, I also like the quirky style of illustration to accompany the watercolour hops, both the female and male are drawn in the same style, therefore they work as a pair.
 
 Close up of label as packaging:

 
Beer mats:

For a simple yet unique design, I have used the existing logo to create a beer mat. The style differs slightly from the developed bottle label illustration therefor once I had finished the set of augmented designs I came to the conclusion that if I had more time, I would perhaps alter the style of the logo so that it is more suited to the newer illustrative styled illustrations. I encountered a problem when printing these mats, as I intended to print straight on to a very thick mount board stock, so that they were the perfect weight to use, however, the stock did not print the colour very well, they came out almost black and white which resulted in me having to submit an unfinished version of the mat, which was printed on normal stock then mounted on to a thicker stock. If I had more time for this I would get them printed on to stickers then stick them on to mount board as this would give me a perfectly rounded edge.

Mount board prints:
 Prints on normal stock:
Final mat:

 
Flyer:
To link all my pieces together I felt the need to ensure that the audience understand what I am advertising, therefore creating a small leaflet sized a5 with some brief information about my website and what it is about would be necessary. I used the existing hop design I already created for the main design, I lowered the opacity of this and duplicated it. This small flyer is intended to be placed alongside the candles, giving the audience the opportunity to read a little about the website.

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment