Saturday 15 February 2014

OUGD406 (Studio Brief 1) Further design development

Due to the submission deadline on secret 7's web page, I submitted a design that I didn't feel was completely finished, if there was more time with this brief, I would have maybe played around with using the stitched illustration to stand on its own. I feel like when manipulating the design on photoshop, it lost tactile quality. 

I took more photographs of my stitched piece, some on different angles.




I edited them only slightly on photshop, and formatted them in a 7x7 square to see how they would look as the final vinyl cover.






I think that these work well alone, the detail of the stitch is a lot clearer than when placed on a background, and it is more noticeable. The quality of the illustration has also improved from my previous designs. 
If I was to resubmit I would chose this design. The quality of image is greater, and it looks cleaner and well refined.

This is now my chosen final cover for Lordes track 'team.'





No comments:

Post a Comment