Friday 14 November 2014

Developing final web pages

These are a few screen shots of certain details on my web pages, before and after the development. I found that after I had created the logo, the overall style of the website needed to be changed. 

Changed the font from Lobster to Bodini for the headings of each page:



The homepage has changed a lot, I was originally intending to place the logo as shown in the centre then include a brief introduction underneath this. However once I had tried this out, I felt that by keeping the small introduction in the left column underneath the title suited the homepage best. It allows the main focus to be on the logo, without the viewer been put off automatically by a paragraph of text. The brief introduction is needed just to ensure the user knows exactly what to look for and expect on this website:




The menu bars for the right column have been changed drastically, this was some feedback that I took on board from the previous crit. The font has been changed from Helvetica to Bodoni also, with a smaller point size than the headings:

The content areas on each page have remained exactly the same, however I have just changed the font for the body copy, which suits the new style of the website much better: 



Another change I made was to swap one of the pages around. I removed the archive page (intended to be a page with a larger collection of images, the user could then select whichever and they would find out more information about that artist) and added the 'create your own label page' which offers a more interactive element for the users. I have created a simple submit form which will then redirect them to a following page once filled out their details, where they can upload a jpeg. of their own bottle label design:





No comments:

Post a Comment