Wednesday 26 November 2014

OUGD5O4 Studio Brief 4: Augmented Design

This brief is an extension of the previous web design brief we have just completed, we are required to produce a print based campaign. I will begin this by researching existing campaigns that are similar to the website I have produced, I need to look at advertising and how they communicate their information, consider suitable language. 



Initially I began my thought process by creating a mind map and thinking of possible ideas and the first things that came into my head;

  • business cards
  • flyer
  • poster
  • beer mat
  • folded leaflet/mini publication
Using the logo I designed for my website; this needs to feature somewhere in my set of three, my initial thought was to create a beer mat with the logo, as it has an interactive element and can be used in local pubs/bars but it also advertises the website which is what the brief is asking us to do. This will promote bespoke bottles, I need to relate my campaign effectively to my website, meaning alongside the more interactive elements, it also needs to be informative. I could do this by incorporating something quite simple like a flyer, that includes some information about my website and its purpose. I want to develop the hand rendered effect that I used with my logo, but refine the style slightly to make it look of a more professional level. 

After some brief research, I thought of a few other things what I could do for this brief;

  • set of business cards
  • advertise my website in a bar/pub through the use of printed designs that would be of use in these types of places
  • beer bottle carrier (advertising the custom made niche in the beer/alcohol market, this could be a one off carrier using the same colours from my logo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment