Wednesday 9 April 2014

Grid layouts: InDesign

Page layout templates

I have taken my drawn out layout templates and made digital versions, which will provide a guide for me to start my final layouts. I will use these templates and add my final content and images to them. These layouts have been filled with placeholder text, as I have taken my templates and mocked them up digitally to get a rough idea on how my finalised layouts could look. 

This layout uses a three column grid, however the text boxes spread across two columns. I think that this works well as it is a simplistic layout and the final spread will not be too text heavy, it has the right balance.


I think this layout works well because the spreads are symmetrical which creates a very clean cut layout. However the text may be a bit heavy, this could be resolved by breaking up with more images.


This spread has a good balance, even though the layouts not symmetrical, it works as it has the right amount of images to balance out the body copy. This might work well for a spread about type, or lettering.

Out of all of the digital templates as they stand, I feel this is the clearest and strongest design as it is not too text heavy. I also think white space will be needed when designing the final layouts. Even though there is only minimal white space on this spread, I think this helps the spreads look less cluttered.


No comments:

Post a Comment