Tuesday 22 April 2014

OUGD406 (Studio Brief 4) Design development

Knowing what content was going into my booklet, I need to start ideas for the illustrations to accompany the content. I know I want to keep the style of my drawings simple and fun, so that it fits in with the whole theme of my brief, therefore I started to sketch simple drawings that I could later develop on illustrator and photoshop when producing the final product. 

These hand drawn sketches I will develop on the computer to produce a final image that can accompany the content, I quite like the style of drawing as it is simple and quirky. 






 I have also had the idea of including a pull out shopping list for each recipe, and a pull out weekly timetable so the student can even carry the timetable with them 


In the interim crit, I showed my little sketch book full of thumbnails and sketch ideas, and the feedback was positive. I wasnt sure whether to use colour on the drawings or not, as I was going to keep the map page black and white also. But I was advised that the colour would balance out my spreads, but only use colour on the image.

Developing these drawings:
I have scanned the drawings in and image traced them on illustrator. This gives them a deeper outline. I originally wanted to keep my publication simple, and stick to black and white to make printing costs cheaper, however I think that colour on the images would work better.






No comments:

Post a Comment