Thursday 24 April 2014

OUGD406 (Studio Brief 4) Layout development

I have started to mock my layouts up on indesign, using a three column grid. I want to keep the layout consistent throughout therefor I will keep all images aligned to the bottom right hand corner on the left page, and it will spread over the second and third column. The only page this will differ for is the directions page, as the map will be placed on the right hand side page and will take up most of the space. 



 This spread is how it will look when finalised, will need a few adjustments but this is the main layout design I want. I think the grid layout works really well as it divides the information perfectly with a good balance. The white space on the image page is a positive elemente I think.




 This shows my 'finding your way' spread on indesign. I used the document grid to make sure I aligned all text correctly. The three column grid has been put to good use. I will keep this layout consistent throughout the whole booklet. I like the way in the first column the body copy stays within the margin, then the main content spreads across the second two. 
I think the choice of brain flower for the heading, and helvetica light for the body copy work well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment