Thursday 23 October 2014

Designing for web: My website

In order to start further research into web design and development of my own website, it is important that I know what needs to be communicated to the viewer and how I will do that, taking into consideration the purpose, the target audience, and what does the audience need.

Purpose
The website should be a respected source of information and help. The viewer wants quality information presented effectively. The website has to communicate effectively and vacillate the needs and wants of the viewer efficiently and elegantly. I want my website to showcase the different designers work and how unique bottle packaging/branding can be. I also want to look into vintage styling within graphic design and show existing work, I want to look at how this sort if design has developed through the years. 

Target Audience
The target audience will be creatives who's particular interests lie within this area of graphic design. My showcase style website will provide the user with further knowledge on the subject area, include design work from other well known design companies and inform the viewer about each. The target audience will be creatives who appreciate this style of design already, and hand rendered style typography is used on many labels and packagings I have collected therefor it will be useful to also include information about this area. 

What does the audience need?
The audience needs to have basic knowledge of the subject area and to have general understanding that the purpose of the website is to provide further information and showcase other designers work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment