Thursday 9 October 2014

Initial Leaflet Development

After deciding that I want to produce a fold out poster, I drew a few thumbnails to start planning how the poster would look visually. I have decided to go for a simple fold that looks more complex than it actually is. The square poster will fold down into a compact leaflet. 

I tested the fold out on plain paper first, and this is how the poster will look when folded.



Now that I have decided on my fold, I want to focus on the design. My initial thumbnails demonstrate that I want my poster to be developed into something rather illustrative and feminine. These are some of my initial thumbnails, working out how I will lay the content out on my fold out poster. I will use indesign to create the insert, with the body copy and images, using a grid to layout my type. 


Possible compositions of the fold out poster, I want to include an illustration of a loose floral design within my poster alongside the information to create a more feminine theme for my leaflet. This will be the target audience, as the design will be simple yet decorative, the idea is that my folded leaflet can be also used as a poster that can be put up on a wall. 



This design is the strongest and most aesthetically pleasing. I will develop this idea, and create a digital version to see how the image and text work together, it is important the the text is legible therefore the page can not be too cluttered. A simple four column grid will allow me to apply my information in a structured format, and this simple idea allows the text to not interfere with the image element of my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment